Monday 17 August 2015

"Little boys with fancy toys"

Say Lou Lou at Malmöfestivalen 

Yesterday, I had the most wonderful evening in a long time. My music obsession since last month Say Lou Lou, who are two enigmatic girls, were performing at the annual Malmöfestivalen.  On my trusted bicycle, I rushed down to the train station to make it onto the train towards Malmö. The girls were just as good, if not better live, and they spoke the most charming upbeat Swedish accent! My personal favorite song of theirs is "Beloved", as it encompasses my feelings after the break up with Henrik perfectly. And getting ready for a party is now done to their "Games for Girls", which the title quote comes from.

The great music aside, a gorgeous guy in the public caught my eye. A few months ago, I began building up the courage to approach strangers I found really attractive and compliment them on their looks. This is just what I did after the performance was over. It just happened that mr Gorgeous and his two friends were heading in the same direction as me, so it´s definitely not like I followed him. I just happened to walk in the same pace as them. Finally I puffed up my courage to approach Gorgeous and say "Excuse me, I would just like to say I think you´re really hot." He was positively beaming by the compliment, answering "Thank you! You just made my day!" and gave me a hug. Of course to be polite I complimented his friends as well, assuring them that they were great looking as well. It was just that their friend caught my attention first since he stood the closest to me by the scene.

I don´t mean to be objectifying or anything shady by giving out those compliments. It is just an earnest opinion and by the happy responses I receive, I am definitely going to continue doing that. I would certainly appreciate if someone came up to me and honestly told me they thought I looked amazing. It is a nice confidence boost to give!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment