Sunday 30 August 2015

A night out in Copenhagen

It was 5 days after Henrik broke up with me and I was more than ready to replace tears with shots and club dancing. A friend was turning 20 and the occasion was of course to be celebrated across the border in Denmark. Wearing a sexy silk jumpsuit I scanned the crowd as I entered the club. On the side note, everyone should own at least one item of clothing that instantly make you feel drop dead gorgeous. At that point, I was quite intoxicated. The goal of the night was to hook up with hotties and forget about Henrik. Unfortunately, the evening did not really go as planned. I am sure they were all nice people. However, I did not feel attracted to anyone and that night I just wanted to go on appearance. To be frank, no one in the club/ bar was hot...

In my drunken state, I still could not forget about Henrik. Soon I was outside the club crying my heart out. What felt awfully good though, was my friends being angry at Henrik and insulting him on my behalf. I know, quite petty. But they were just being protective. The birthday girl wanted fries, so we left to find a burger place. The moment I walk into the restaurant, I instantly notice the incredibly hot guy sitting alone by a table. As my friends order, I suddenly feel very brave and charming. Being reasonable drunk, I walk up to him and introduce myself. Mr. Incredibly Hot is apparently from England and has the sexiest British accent. He is on a Europe trip (So cool!) with a friend who is still at a club together with a girl. Hence, sitting alone. Even though, we were both under the influence of alcohol, the conversation was flowing perfectly well. "Can I have a hug?" is taken very well and I receive a very nice hug from him. I show him my imperfections (short pinkies relative the other fingers and a really crooked tooth while the other teeth are completely straight). In return I get to know that he studies international business at University of Leeds. Like me, he has just finished his first year. However, he took a gap year before and was a ski instructor in Vernon (he became even hotter after that fact was revealed). As the conversation went on and I got to know him more, the attraction I felt for him just grew.

Eventually I said: "So I am going to be bold now and ask: Can I have a kiss?". "Sure, but I don´t want to do it inside here with all your friends watching." He had a good point, hooking up at a plastic table inside a burger place is not the nicest setting. We went to get water and joined my friends who had a great time watching me do my "game" as they called it afterwards. They were all doing a rather poor imitation of his British accent. As we were both leaving the restaurant I worked my courage up and said "Sam, I still want a kiss from you." Outside a hamburger place, out in the beautiful Copenhagen, I had my first hook up. He tasted like blueberries from the chew gum I gave him before. My last words to him were "You´re hot as fuck." I know, very classy. However, I did say "You´re the highlight of tonight." A bit better eloquence. He told me I was very brave and attractive. What a perfect confidence boost. After that, I was on cloud nine, even as we missed our train back to Sweden and had to wait an hour for the next.

I kind of wish I could meet him again. He was so easy to talk to. For now, he will remain as a fond memory of summer this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment